- GEORGE LAURENS cares about privacy
1.1 GEORGE LAURENS appreciates that the privacy of the personal information entrusted to us is important.
2.1 GEORGE LAURENS is committed to protecting the personal information supplied by Clients and agrees to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Federal Privacy Act and administered by the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
2.2 The APPs regulate the way that organisations can collect, use, keep secure and disclose personal information. It also gives individuals the right to know what information an organisation holds about them and a right to correct that information if it incorrect.
- What personal information GEORGE LAURENS collects
3.1 GEORGE LAURENS collects personal information from our clients to commence the collection process including the type of information required to provide our services such as name, address, date of birth, gender, contact details, email address, employment and account information.
3.2 If you don’t provide all or part of the information we require, we may not be able to commence the collection process promptly.
- How GEORGE LAURENS may collect personal information
4.1 GEORGE LAURENS usually collects the personal information required to commence the collection process from you directlyby phone, email, fax, post or via our website.
4.2 We may also collect information indirectly, including from:
- publicly available sources of information
- Online searches i.e property or bankruptcy
- Court system by way of legal hearings
- How to access personal information held?
5.1 Clients are entitled to access the personal information GEORGE LAURENS holds on collection accounts they have lodged and to amend that information if it is incorrect or requires updating.
5.2 Under the APPS a person who we hold a file in the name of also has the right to access their file. To do so written notice either via post or email is required with a $25.00 administration charge payable upon collection of the file.
- How GEORGE LAURENS holds personal information
6.1 GEORGE LAURENS takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse or unauthorised access via electronic security, restricted access and internal policies and procedures.
6.2 Some of the security measures we use include:
- Firewalls and access logging tools that protect against unauthorised access to your data and our network.
- Secure work environments and workflow systems that prevent unauthorised access and copying of personal information.
- Secure server and closed network environments.
- Virus scanning tools
- Management of access privileges, to ensure that only those who really need it can see personal information.
- Complaints about breaches of privacy
7.1 If it is believed GEORGE LAURENS has breached privacy a complaint can be lodged with GEORGE LAURENS in writing and all attempts will be made to resolve the matter.